Six years ago, I followed someone’s hot chocolate recommendation. So off I went, ordered the hot chocolate, and sat at the shop’s veranda. From where I sat, I saw a lovely woman. I can still remember the large windows that allowed me to see her. I remember her very long hair.
Today, I sat where she sat six years ago. The hair that I grew long because of her, I now cut short.
– Same uniform. Black shirt and ankle-grazers. However, there is the Farmer’s market outfit. Flowy and nice. Bare-faced in all occasions.
– Wash and wear hair. Sometimes yoga bun. Sometimes low chignon. I’m just lazy.
– There is the Chanel powder and Guerlain lipstick for when I have to be presentable. But I do like my face without it.
– Three by Ryuichi Sakamoto.
– Speedboat by Renata Adler.
– We moved to a new house.
– Biked around Chiang Mai for a day.
– Finally met Nicole Curato.
– Alvin passed the boards.
– Tequila shots with Champ Lui-Pio.
– My kuya proposed to his girlfriend.
– Yoga in the island.
– High street weekend with my friend Vicky.
– A friend went ahead to be one with the angels.
A lot of happy mundane things happened and I do feel alright about them. Although I did have to say goodbye to a good friend. Here’s to peace even when life is in the mouth of death.
The year that has been had nothing remarkable for me. But it had a lot of good things for my loved ones. I can easily remember 2016 because of the happiness that I genuinely felt for them. I realized that it is possible to have a full heart even if you have empty hands. This thought I will carry with me to the new year. And the good realization, I hope I’d make others realize. It is a great thing that could positively influence one’s demeanor towards life. Words to get you through. Right? Music and writing does not really fill us up materially but it does fill us up. So I’ll try to make music and write some more. For an audience of one? I don’t care. Let’s just get things done. For each heart that hopes. Cheers, babe.